Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are shaping the path of a $900bn restaurant industry to go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area, Sacramento, and Orange County regions, and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2023.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Product Designer to found our design organization and own end to end design for our guest facing products. You will conduct UX research directly with users and design with them, not just for them. You will have a unique opportunity to design software that powers a novel multi-brand restaurant retail concept with a diverse customer base encompassing many age ranges and backgrounds. Your work will help exceptional local restaurants expand their footprint and tell their stories to more customers. You will report to the CTO (co-founder) and work on launching new products and optimizing existing ones. You will contribute to growing the design team as we scale.
- Conduct UX research with users remotely and in our retail locations throughout the Bay Area
- Research and propose UX improvements for our Kitchen and consumer product lines
- Contribute to company-wide product strategy and lead the design process from idea to production
- Build a deep understanding of our users through data, direct interaction, and a best in class customer analytics stack
- Help recruit a world-class design team and build a design-forward culture
- 5+ yrs experience as a product designer
- Experience leading user research sessions
- Experience operating as a thought partner to a product manager or engineering leader
- Ability to work iteratively. Comfortable developing wireframes and prototypes
- Passion for creating delightful consumer experiences via software, food, and hospitality
Nice to Have:
- DTC experience
- E-commerce experience
- Retail experience
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Kitchens is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team, and to serve local communities with the best selection of food and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career-defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you. For more insight about Local Kitchens, visit our website https://www.localkitchens.com/ and follow us on instagram @eat.local.kitchens.