Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are shaping the path of a $900bn restaurant industry to go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area, Sacramento, and Orange County regions, and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2023.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive real estate strategy aligned with the company's growth objectives and market expansion plans
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify potential store locations, evaluate site feasibility, and make data-driven recommendations for optimal store placements
- Build and grow relationships with strategic real estate and business partners – including landlords, brokers, third-party vendors, jurisdictions, economic development, and other stakeholders throughout the project
- Negotiate lease agreements with landlords, ensuring favorable terms and conditions, and manage ongoing lease administration and renewals
- Collaborate with internal tea ms, including operations, finance, and marketing, to ensure alignment in real estate decisions and support business objectives
- Lead and develop a high-performing real estate team, providing guidance, mentorship, and support to foster professional growth and achieve departmental goals
- 8+ years of experience in real estate dealmaking; ideally for a fast growing food & beverage company, but can be a fast growing company in other retail verticals
- Proven track record of successfully managing a real estate portfolio, including new store openings and lease administration.
- Strong understanding of real estate financial analysis, lease structures, and legal terms
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of multiple target markets
- Established broker relationships in multiple of our target expansion markets is a plus (SoCal, Denver, Seattle, Chicago, Washington DC, New York/Connecticut)
- You are extremely autonomous- you receive a target or goal and find a way to hit it
- You are scrappy- you look for off-the-beaten path deals in addition to receiving sites from brokers
- You are comfortable with conflict. It’s part of our line of business
- Based in Socal is a plus. Can be based anywhere in US with ability to travel 2x a month for market research and 1x per month to Norcal for WeSupport
- Strong sense of what makes our current restaurants successful is a plus
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Kitchens is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team, and to serve local communities with the best selection of food and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career-defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you. For more insight about Local Kitchens, visit our website https://www.localkitchens.com/ and follow us on instagram @eat.local.kitchens.