Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are shaping the path of a $900bn restaurant industry to go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area, Sacramento, and Orange County regions, and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2023.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
Local Kitchens is seeking a Product Lead to lead product strategy and execution across the company as the first product management team member. You will translate company goals into a thoughtful product strategy spanning guest- and kitchen-facing products across our vertically-integrated business. You’ll support a growing engineering team to prioritize and execute on the right experiments, while blocking and tackling rollouts to ensure product success and collect feedback across the organization. This will lead to a leadership role where you will eventually build and manage a small team of designers, product managers, and product operations specialists while developing an EPD culture of impact and guest obsession. This is an excellent role for an entrepreneurial and strategic product leader to have massive impact in an early-stage, complex bits-and-atoms environment.
- Translate product vision and tech-driven growth strategy into execution
- Filter business context and product requests from Marketing, Partnerships, GX, Ops; ensure roadmap is aligned with biz priorities while giving space for eng/design to solve meaningful guest problems
- Align guest product with overall brand vision / positioning and marketing communications (e.g. delivery, partner menu discovery)
- Own impact of guest product by helping to size initiatives and drive direct growth product improvements (e.g. funnel optimization, SEO)
- Own Direct Delivery
- Co-own Rewards product and program alongside Finance and Marketing
- Co-own gross sales/profit goals with Market GM
- Partner closely with Training to align initiatives with priorities, ensure successful roll-out and product success; partner with IT, Culinary as needed
- Develop early product culture - empower eng/design while ensuring business impact and strategic alignment
- Drive deliverables like product, metrics reviews, and set team standards
- 6+ years of Product Management experience
- Excellent culture fit - context switch between technology and operations culture
- Ability to build trust quickly
- Extremely comfortable in ambiguous problem spaces; lots of 0->1 product, with bias to action and strong product taste
- Consumer product oriented
- Fully autonomous with SQL / analytics
- Extremely guest-focused. Live and breathe customer research, dogfooding, empathy, and data science.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Kitchens is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team, and to serve local communities with the best selection of food and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career-defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you. For more insight about Local Kitchens, visit our website https://www.localkitchens.com/ and follow us on instagram @eat.local.kitchens.